Plexus Engineering designers will present a highly effective method used to converge on a product concept as an integral step in product development. The program includes a sample exercise to demonstrate the method firsthand.
Traditional product development processes extract product requirements with the immediate project team. Although this approach can generate a set of explicit requirements, it often overlooks the desires and expectations of the extended project team.
Concept Convergence instead seeks to understand the desires and expectations of all key stakeholders by developing a well-understood concept that addresses these needs, leading to clear, appropriate product requirements. It helps translate a Marketing Idea into a Well-Understood Concept to:
- Ensure stakeholder alignment
- Enable a more accurate project proposal
- Accelerate specification and design phases
- Provide a more compelling Market Solution
Plexus Engineering is part of Plexus Corporation, a leader in providing electronics design, manufacturing and aftermarket services to companies with mid-to-low volume, higher complexity products. Plexus has been delivering comprehensive Product Realization solutions to its customers for more than 35 years.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016
- Plexus, Raleigh Deign Center
- 5511 Capital Center Dr., Suite 600 | Raleigh, NC map
- 6:00 p.m. Registration opens, networking and light food/refreshments
- 7:00 p.m. Program begins
- 8:00 p.m. Program ends
- $25 non-PDMA members
- $15 PDMA members/students
Plexus Corp. | Raleigh Design Center