Building on a great event we held in Winston-Salem in the spring, we’ve invited Doug Hutton and Second City Works, the business offshoot of the famous Second City improv troupe, to lead a fun workshop in SC. Join us as we learn how to apply the principles of improvisation to our innovation practices.
A good friend of our Chapter, Doug not only understands improv, he also knows Product Development, with a long background in doing that for large companies and clients. Read more about Doug and Second City Works
- Thursday, November 19
- The Lazy Goat
170 Riverplace | Greenville, SC
- 6:00 Registration opens, networking and light food
- 7:00 Workshop begins
- 8:30 Program ends
- Members $15
- Non-members $25
- Students $15
Event sponsor: Applied Software
What's the program all about?
Most organizations claim to be innovative, yet most leaders admit they are not nearly as innovative as they could be. Why? They spend their time managing existing systems and processes, and too little imagining the next new thing. The workshop will be conducted by Second City Works using techniques from improvisational comedy. Come learn how to create something out of nothing, improve your organization's capacity to innovate and solve problems, and be entertained at the same time!
What will the workshop cover?
- Brainstorming through improvisation to generate and filter new ideas.
- Breaking down 'no' thinking to let 'yes, and' flourish, giving each idea its day.
- Collaborating to produce more creative thinking.
- Build team dynamics that make failure a valuable component of innovation.